Inmate Visiting & Information
Rountree Medium Facility
90 Rountree Lane
Watsonville, CA. 95076
Rules and Regulations
Attorneys licensed to practice law in the State of California and who possess a California Bar Card, or an attorney who is registered with the California Bar to represent an inmate pro hoc vice, may access jail inmates at any time. Access may be subject to procedural delays due to other priority activities occurring in the jail such as inmate feeding, counts or emergencies.
- All mail will be opened and checked for contraband.
- Postage stamps are NOT allowed to be mailed for inmate use. Stamps may be purchased in commissary
- Pictures (4"x6" or smaller).
- Greeting cards must be single layer (no plastic coating or oversized).
- Books, newspapers and periodicals can only come from the publisher or Internet distributor (no hardbound books allowed).
- Publications that are pornographic, obscene, intended to incite murder, arson, riot, racism, violence or material concerning gangs or gambling will not be allowed.
- Mail to/from other penal institutions is prohibited unless authorized by the Facility Commander.
- Mail must be addressed as follows:
Inmate Name, Inmate S#
Rountree Medium Facility
90 Rountree Lane
Watsonville, CA 95076
Money can be left daily at the kiosk located in the Rountree - Medium Facility Lobby or Main Jail Lobby (reception staff cannot take any inmate deposits). Kiosks accept cash and credit cards. Deposits are accepted in the Rountree lobby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Money orders (payable to the inmate) can still be mailed in. Credit card deposits can also be made at these websites: www.santacruzpackages.com and www.inmatedeposits.com, or by phone (866) 345-1884.
Upon the request of an inmate or officer, excess personal property may be released. This only pertains to property in the inmate’s possession in the housing unit. A property release form must be signed by the inmate. Releases occur Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Property left upon release will be stored no longer than 120 days.
The inmate is responsible for submitting a Visitor Clearance Form. The inmate will need each visitor’s full name, address, phone number, date of birth and a Government ID number (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport, Matricula). The inmate submits the completed form to Jail Staff for visiting clearance. Anyone who has been in custody within 60 days, is on parole or formal probation, has a warrant or restraining order prohibiting contact, may not visit.
Visiting days for “S” Unit Inmates are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Visiting days for “R” Unit Inmates are on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Visiting days for “T” Unit Inmates are on Saturday and Sunday.
Visiting hours are 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Visits are by appointment only and all visitors must be approved in advance. To schedule a visit, you must call (831) 454-7873, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visits may be scheduled up to one week in advance.
- Inmates must be in custody for 72 hours prior to having any visit.
- Inmates are limited to two 1-hour visits per week (Sunday through Saturday) and must be on separate days.
- Visitors must arrive and register 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit to avoid cancellation. Any visitor canceling or missing a total of 3 visits may be banned from visiting for 30 days.
- Each visit may include either 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 minors. Adult visitors must present a valid photo ID (i.e. Drivers License, Passport, Matricula). A parent or legal guardian must accompany visitors under the age of 18. The parent must bring the minor’s birth certificate and the legal guardian must present court papers showing they are the legal guardian or provide a notarized letter along with the minor’s birth certificate. Minors cannot be left unattended in the lobby area, parking lot or any other area on jail property.
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed. Attire, which is revealing, offensive, gang related or distracting to others will not be allowed. Shoes and shirts are required. Jail Staff will determine the appropriateness of the clothing.
- Misconduct or violation of jail rules will result in immediate termination of the visit and may result in the termination of visiting privileges.
- Visitors will not be allowed to bring any food, tobacco or personal property into the jail (i.e. cell phones, purses, pagers). Lockers are available for 25 cents.
- Allowable items* may be left for the inmates on visiting days.
*List of allowable items:
- Prescription glasses
- Athletic shoes must be shipped to inmate directly from distributor only (applies to Medium Facility only). Shoes must be new and undamaged, no gang-colors or inappropriate graphics, no hidden compartment.
All visitors entering the secure area of the jail are subject to being searched. Any person refusing to be searched will be denied the visit and escorted from the facility.